Wednesday, June 29, 2011

harvest

I wrestled with the tomatoes today. I still have more to stake. I planted a ton of tomatoes, so I may never be done. I still have more to plant, for a later harvest. If you are local. Please don't buy those red bland round things they pass off as tomatoes. I will have plenty.

Right now, I have all the yellow squash you might want to eat. So call or message me if you want some.

I haven't had much to say since old Sling left the farm. I am ok. It is just different here without him. So, instead of any observations or philosophy, I thought I would show you the homegrown food we had for dinner. Fresh romaine salad with goat's milk cheese topping, grilled yellow Summer squash, along with burgers on the grill, and corn on the cob. We all sat at the green door and enjoyed the flavors of, here.




~crow

5 comments:

  1. We love squash around here! Ours hasn't produced anything yet. For some strange reason the plants are huge but they don't have any blooms. I need to google that! Here's a few recipes I've posted that you might like! http://wvtreasures.blogspot.com/2009/02/squash-casserole.html

    http://wvtreasures.blogspot.com/2009/07/apple-zucchini-bread-vintage-thingie.html

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be over like a shot Crow if I lived anywhere near (or even the same country) to fill my basket with squash's and tom's.

    It's great when you can finally eat the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tomatoes and squash! We haven't had any yet... waiting patiently is hard to do....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have yellow squash, zucchini, turnips and green beans right now. I don't know what the heck is up w/ the tomatoes. They've been flowering for weeks but no fruit. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful. I love that green door. Truly envious. I love that you and your family gather there, it looks so peaceful.
    My tomatoes are already done for the season. I am finding it odd that, instead of having to rescue tomatoes from the frost I have to pick tomatoes slightly green because one more day would send them over the edge. As a result my grape tomatoes are the size of a large pea. A very tasty large pea or I'd just give in and accept their fate.
    I wish you peace in Sling's absence.Perhaps that door and beautiful garden will help.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!