Monday, June 6, 2011

coexistence

One of my favorite quotes:

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

- Thomas Jefferson 

I believe in coexistence, and in religious tolerance. I believe If you can't do anything good for a person, at the very least don't do them harm. I believe we, as a people, need to look at the similarities instead of the differences. I believe that is enough. It is enough for peace. Wars in the name of religion start from within yourself. As Mothers we need to be teaching our children acceptance and peace. It is in our hands.

Here is another simple quote from one of my favorite Presidents:

"When I do good, I feel good.  When I do bad, I feel bad.  That's my religion."

- Abraham Lincoln

~crow

5 comments:

  1. So glad you entered the Circle of Moms contest, so I could find your blog and live a rural existence vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet girl- that is a powerful and thought provoking statement-" as women we often don't feel like we are worthy enough. Worthy enough to simply ask for what we might need or want."
    Oh yes, how I relate.
    I think you are quite wildly wonderful and might I add- any one who goat herds and chicken dances is a friend of mine! Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello harmonyfb. Please do feel free to live through me vicariously, if you will share some of your life, minus dirty fingernails and of smelling of perfume instead of goats. ;-) Glad to have you here.

    And hello there, I am His Beloved! Let me say that you are SO worthy. Let us remind each other of that whenever we are in need. Now let's do some chicken dancing!;-)

    Thanks for taking the time to say hello.
    Love and light.
    ~crow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog! We think alike! Wonderful:-)

    Namaste,
    Jennifer Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer,

    I love your blog as well. When I am in need of some good soul food, I know where to go.

    Namaste
    crow

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!